Thursday 24 January 2013

I Giveth Moisture and I Take it Away. Let's Talk Beauty Products in Winter.

I don't know about the rest of you but all this shitty weather has left me resembling this little guy.



Even E45 cream isn't cutting it. 
Here's what I've got going on facially at the moment. It's pretty basic stuff but it's all tried and tested for sensitive skin and wallets.


[L-R] Palmer's Oil for Dry, Itchy Skin, Nivea Soft Moisturiser, Simple Moisturising Facial Wash, Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying Moisture Lotion, Facial Exfoliator and Pore Perfector.



Nivea Soft is my all-time fave after I bought it when I couldn't afford my usual Olay. It turned out to be heaps better. Lately I'm squirting some Palmers oil into a handful of the stuff and smothering it on my dry bits. But as it's pay day tomorrow, I've been thinking of splashing out on something a bit more effective in these climes. This is my wish-list. There's a clear trend. They're all bloody expensive. I'll let you know which one I plump for. Any suggestions?
[L-R] Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion, Dr Hauschka Creme de Jour, Elemis S.O.S Emergency Cream, Clarins Santal Face Treatment Oil, Origins Make a Difference Cream.
On a related note, sometimes dripping with moisture is pretty undesirable. Unfortunately, I've stopped washing my hair for winter. Honestly it's such a dry, frizzy nightmare that the post-wash taming process is my personal Hundred Years' War. I just haven't got the strength to fight. I'm also trying to make the little bastards grow so I'm treating them kindly and not frequently burning them while they sleep seems to be helping. For a while now I've been adding hair care brands to my lazy-girl blacklist. Your shampoo makes a massive difference to how quickly your hair gets greasy and some brands are simply much worse for this than others. I imagine it has something to do with the product build up. So here are the worst offenders, fellow lazy-girls. Avoid! For everyone else, I'm sorry if I made you feel dirty.



No comments:

Post a Comment