Tuesday 5 February 2013

SAG Awards 2013. Let's Have a Look at the Dresses...

It's Awards Season! The time of year when I truly hate myself. Considering that I will mostly just be watching E! for the next six weeks, I will be jotting down some thoughts on the gear people don to celebrate their blessed, talented and financially-satisfactory lives. I'm starting with the SAG awards last week because SAG is an enjoyable word to say.

I've enlisted the help of my friend Jon.

This is Jon.



Jon cares about fashion.

As do I.


Now I don't want to get into copyright trouble here. People paid lots of good money for photos of the celebs at these awards. So, I'm going to use an artistic representation of each dress based on things I found while mooching around Morrisons. Click on each photo and it'll take you to one of my favourite blogs - Go Fug Yourself, and you can check out their lovely pictures and opinions too!


Freida Pinto (Roland Mouret)


Jon Says: Nice shape, shame about the colour.

I say: Nice colour. Shame about the shape. Having been young and embarrassing throughout 2006, I can't look at a cowl neck without shuddering.

Rose Byrne (Valentino)


Jon says: Looks like curtains.

I say:  I NOW REFUSE TO WEAR ANYTHING BUT CURTAINS. Rose you are perfection. Always unexpected but never unpolished. Remember this? No words. 


Marion Cotillard (Dior)


Jon Says: Very classy.
I say: Agreed Jon. Agreed. A small part of me wishes that I could see her in the peach-skirted version that Raf Simons showed because I LOVE peach but there's no arguing that Marion looks brilliant here. What a babe.


Kerry Washington (Rodarte)


Jon Says: I like it. Not sure on the corset.
I Say: Knowing Jon as I do, I'm surprised that he doesn't whole-heartedly approve of the vigorous strapping down of lady parts. This reminds me of the silver balls they put on cakes when we were kids that nearly took your teeth out. Sweet but tough.


Kaley Cuoco (Romona Keveza)


Jon Say: Really suits her.
I Say: My chosen picture accurately reflects my thoughts ... I have to look away or I feel a bit vommy ...

No comments:

Post a Comment